June 10, 2009

I am so glad I took this decision 4 years ago.

There have been times when I would go to the extent of regretting buying a sedan, where
a small car would have perfectly suited my requirements. But as I drove home from work yesterday evening after a lousy day, I was glad I bought this car.

The sheer pleasure of driving it, the way it responds to accelerator inputs and the way the forward-surge presses you back against the seat is something to be relished. Yeah, I know
I don't drive a Ferrari, but then given the road-conditions we have here, I am sure there
isn't much you can do with even a Ferrari.

And maybe to compensate for the lousy day, there was no traffic at all between Spic and
Guindy which gave me a few kms of free road to unleash the potential of my car. And the
curvy climb up the grade-separator was as always a pleasure.

I am glad I listened to my instincts and bought this car. I am even more glad that I did
not go the mind way by worrying about FE and getting myself something like the M800,
which while it still would take me home, would be lacking in driving pleasure.

Thank God for small blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home